Pinterest Hover Button

Monday, March 2, 2009

Newly Discovered Sock Yarn

I love colorful socks. Yup, the ones that don't match and have outrageously bright colors. While at a yarn store in St Paul yesterday, I came across the coolest sock yarn that definitely fits my yarn requirements for a colorful sock. I picked up two different skeins of Fleece Artist Somoko sock yarn. It's hand dyed and comes from Nova Scotia. It's 65% Merino, 20% kid, 10% nylon, 5% silk and is machine washable. I can't wait to make socks out of this cool yarn! One pair will be for me, the other for a birthday gift for my niece. Shhh! Don't tell.




Another yarn that I purchased was the Malibrigo sock yarn. It's a Superwash Merino from Uruguay that is kettle dyed. I've made a sweater out of a bulky Malibrigo, but have not used their sock yarn yet. This should make a fun pair of socks as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment