Pinterest Hover Button

Monday, March 9, 2009

Road Trip! A New Yarn Shop Discovered......


This past weekend I took a road trip to Green Bay, WI. It's a six hour drive from my home town, but the weather held and I had clear skies and no snow for the drive. On Saturday, I had an extra hour free so I decided to visit one of the local yarn shops.

I decided to check out Monterey Yarn on Bellevue Street in Green Bay because it was the closest yarn shop to our hotel and I only had a short time for a visit. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised! It's a wonderful shop with tons of beautiful yarns, lots of samples made up (I love to see stuff all knitted up!) and was staffed with two very friendly and knowlegable women. I browsed around and picked up some nice natural cotton yarn, a pattern for some adorable felted baby slippers, and some cute knitting themed cards designed by Kim Cheeley. I could have spent a lot more time there and will definitely put this shop on my "must see" list if I'm passing through Green Bay again.

No comments:

Post a Comment