Pinterest Hover Button

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

10 Favorite Free Sock Patterns ~ Day 1

I'm kind loving hand knit socks. I tried my first pair about a year ago and have made about 10 pairs since then. So far I haven't been too adventurous in my patterns, but feel I'm now ready to tackle some of the really cute patterns out there. For the next 10 days, I'll list 10 of my favorite free sock patterns I've found on the web. Maybe one of them will inspire you to get out some sock yarn and whip up a pair!

A friend was knitting the monkey sock pattern and I fell in love with it the first time I saw it on the needles! It's inspired by falling leaves and was created by Cookie A. Her image of the finished socks is pictured above. This is a free pattern offered on the knitty.com website (a wonderful repository for all kinds of patterns!) Here is the link to the free monkey sock pattern on knitty.com - monkey socks. If you'd rather download it as a pdf file, here is a pdf link - monkey socks pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment