Pinterest Hover Button

Friday, February 27, 2009

Knitting on the Beach Report

When I packed for Cozumel, I packed two sock projects, some yarn to do a couple of quick dish cloths and swiffer covers, yarn and pattern for an alligator scarf, and a partially completed warm wool scarf. I know, quite ambitious.

One of my goals was to teach myself to do two-at-a-time magic loop socks. I tried, got confused, and went back to my two circular needles. I think I need to see it done to grasp the whole concept, or maybe just be in a place where I can concentrate a bit more. Oh, well, someday it will happen.

What did I accomplish knitting on the beach? lol, not too much! I made one dish cloth, one sock (nope, not one pair, just one sock) and knit a bit more on the partially completed wool scarf. I had too much fun snorkeling, where we saw 30-40 different species of fish, attending a huge Carnival celebration that rivaled New Orleans Mardi Gras, and exploring the island.

Here are pics of my sort-of finished projects - the dish cloth is the pattern found here and the socks are the free Hedgerow sock pattern from Knitter's Review found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment