Pinterest Hover Button

Monday, January 26, 2009

10 Day Dishcloth Countdown! Day 1 ~ Grandmother's Favorite

One of the quickest and easiest knitting projects has got to be the knitted dishcloth. I love the way theses perform, wear, and look. I've made dozens and never get tired of them. So today, and for the following nine days, I'll showcase some of my favorite free dishcloth patterns.

Day 1 dishcloth is from Traditional Designs. It's a very easy diagonally knit dishcloth with eyelet border. It's one that I've made several times.


Grandmother's Knitted Dishcloth

Materials: Sugar and Cream yarn; Size 6 or 7 needles (US)

Cast on 3 stitches.
Row 1: Knit 3 stitches
Row 2: K2, yarn over (yo), K to end of row
Repeat Row 2 until you have 40-42 stitches on the needle
Next Row: Knit even
Next Row: K1, K2tog, yo, K2, K to end of row
Continue with this row until 4 stitches remain
Next row: K1, K2tog, K1
Bind off the last 3 stitches

No comments:

Post a Comment