Pinterest Hover Button

Friday, January 9, 2009

Recently finished knitting projects

Time to show pics of my recently finished knitting projects......

First is the Grey Gardens Wrap by Kay Graves of Savannah Cottage. I left off the ruffle that was supposed to go all around the edge. I thought the wrap was more versatile without it. Not sure I love how it drapes on me, but it's warm and cozy and very soft. Maybe I just need some practice in "wrapping." This one is a free pattern offered as a downloadable pdf file - http://mysavannahcottage.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/grey-gardens-pdf.pdf


I've also whipped up a pair of mittens this week. These were made to coordinate with my diamond modular scarf that I had made with Artyarns supermerino (see post "A Week of Scarves - Day 6) I used the leftover Artyarns yarn from my scarf, along with a soft lavender yarn for these mittens. This is a mittens pattern by Sarah Annexstad called Tam Mittens (available at my LYS - www.thetangledskein.com) They actually look better using a self-striping Noro for the accent color, but I wanted to match the scarf so I used the Artyarns leftover yarn.


Finally, I've done another pair of socks. These are nothing fancy, just plain old ribbed socks, but they are the perfect color for wearing with blue jeans. I always knit my socks on two circulars and often follow a pattern that I got as a handout, only changing the pattern ribbing section to either stockinette, ribbing, or baby cables.

No comments:

Post a Comment